Is a paid Encyro account required to use the Outlook plugin? Can I use the Encyro Outlook Addin with a free Encyro account?
The Encyro Outlook Addin works with both the Encyro Essential (free) and Encyro Pro accounts. Both types of Encyro members can send encrypted messages with secure attachments using the Encyro Outlook Addin.
Encyro Pro members do have some extra benefits:
Decrypt within Outlook: Received secure messages are automatically decrypted and displayed with any attached files to download within Outlook. The usual Reply/Reply-All/Forward buttons can be used to send a secure response (avoids accidentally including the secure content in an insecure email).
- Free members click an extra link to read the received message and it opens in a new browser window.
- More than 3 recipients on a single message: Pro members can send a common message to up to 10 email recipients.
- Enhanced branding: When the recipient of your secure message clicks the link in their email notification to read your secure message, your photo and business name (in addition to your name) are included on the web page where the secure message is displayed (for recipients without an Encyro account) or on the secure folder (for recipients with an Encyro account). For free members, only the person name (not the business name) may be customized.
- Receive secure messages from users without an Encyro account: Pro members get an upload page that lets your clients send you a secure message without creating an Encyro account or password. You may include your upload page link in your email signature, website, or even your business card or other literature.
- Encyro Pro benefits: Encyro Pro members also get all the other Encyro Pro member advantages such as customized branding, compliance settings, audit trails, the ability to change message expiry duration for recipients without a password, and the ability to add additional staff within their organization. For more details, see this article.