Can I send electronic signatures without a paid Encyro account?
To sign an e-sign request that you received: You do not need a paid Encyro account to sign a document when requested by another Encyro user. In fact, unless the sender requires, you do not even need an Encyro account to sign an Encyro E-Sign request.
To request signatures from others: You can send electronic signature requests using a free Encyro Essentials account!
Free users enjoy many of the features of sending e-signature requests such as:
- allowing signers to hand-draw their signature on computers without a touch screen (e.g. Apple MacBook): the signer draws on their smartphone and the signature appears in real time on their computer,
- free tamper verification for anyone receiving the signed document (no Encyro account needed),
- resending expired e-signature requests with one click, and
- automated conversion from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to PDF format.
When do I need Encyro Pro for electronic signatures?
An Encyro Pro (trial or paid) account is needed to:
- Send more e-signature requests within a month than the free account limit. (Free accounts are limited to 5 e-sign requests per month; you may save the rest as drafts to send next month.)
- Customize your branding used in the e-signature request emails, and on parts of the signature page.
- Use SMS access codes for Knowledge Based Authentication (KBA),
- Automated reminders: signers receive a reminder if they have not signed and a specified number of days have passed, you get notified if your request has not been completed.
- Custom Expiry: Select the duration (up to one year) for which the e-signature request is valid.
- Select an identity check method (login type) other than the default, and
- Change the types of allowed signatures (hand drawn, mouse drawn, or typed).