The type of signature may be changed on the 'Configure E-Sign Request' screen under the heading "Allowed Signature Types."
You may select one or more of the following types of signatures:
Hand-drawn (touch screen or stylus): This option requires the user to draw their signature using their finger on a touch screen or using a stylus on a compatible touchscreen or stylus pad. The advantages of this option are:
- Most natural for signers. Feels more authentic and similar to an ink signature.
- Biometric non-repudiation. It is harder for someone else to sign on the signer's behalf.
- Available even on computers without a touch screen or stylus: see how.
- Mouse or hand-drawn: This option lets the signer draw their signature using either their hand/finger on a touch screen, a stylus device, or using the mouse pointer. This option allows using the mouse, but does not prevent using the finger. Clearly, if this option is selected, and the 'hand-drawn' option is not, the user may still use a hand drawn signature.
Typed: This option lets the user type in their signature. This meets legal e-sign requirements for most cases and may be the easiest for signers.
- Biometric properties for typing are captured by Encyro. It is difficult for another person to sign with the same typing characteristics (such as speed and time gap between different keystrokes).
If the documents being sent includes an initials or signature field, then at least one of the allowed signature types must be selected.