We are not getting an email when a client uploads or sends us a secure message. The notification email is not found in spam or junk folder either.
Several email services block messages in a quarantine queue. We provide instructions for Microsoft and Google email services below. For other email services, please let us know and we may be able to help find the relevant instructions. (Jump to instructions for Google Workspace below.)
Release from Quarantine List: Microsoft 365
If you are using Microsoft 365 (Office 365) email, you may have to release the blocked emails from the quarantine queue and add encyro.com as a safe domain. See instructions below.
If using Hotmail, Live.com, or a free Outlook.com account, see this article.
For Microsoft 365, continue below:
- Go to the MS 365 Quarantine page: https://security.microsoft.com/quarantine (previously https://protection.office.com/quarantine). You may be asked to login with your Microsoft/Office 365 Admin account.
- You will see a list of emails that have been quarantined in the recent few weeks or so.
- Find one of the emails where "Sender" is listed as "firstname.lastname@example.org" or some address that ends in @no-reply.encyro.com and click that row in the list. A side panel will open toward the right.
- First click "Submit Message."
- In the new window that shows, click "Select All" (to select the message recipients) and then click "Submit." This submits the message to Microsoft for review.
- After that, click OK in the popup.
- In the right panel, click "Release Message."
- In the window that opens (toward right), make sure "Report messages to Microsoft for analysis" is checked and then click "Release Message."
- Click OK in the popup.
- OPTIONAL: You may use the "Preview Message" option to verify the email content is as expected.
- Repeat the above for all messages from email@example.com and from addresses ending in @no-reply.encyro.com, shown in your quarantined message list.
(Instructions from Microsoft.)
Add Encyro.com as a Safe Domain (mail-flow rule)
For instructions from Microsoft see this article.
- Open the Exchange Admin Center.
- Go to https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/homepage
- Click "Show all" in the left pane.
- Under "Admin Centers" click "Exchange"
- Click on Protection (left list).
- Click on Spam Filter (top list).
- Double click on Default.
- Click on Allow Lists.
- Scroll down to "Domain allow list"
- Click the + (plus sign) to add a new domain.
- In the window that pops up, add "encyro.com"
- Click Save, and Save again.
- Similarly add new domain "no-reply.encyro.com"
- Click Save again.
Release from Quarantine Queue: Google Workspace
Please see instructions from Google at https://support.google.com/a/answer/6104172?hl=en.
Receiving Emails to a Google Group
If the email address used for your Encyro account is set up as a Google Group, then make sure that external senders are allowed to send to your Google group:
- The organization admin must have enabled: Group owners can allow incoming email from outside the organization per these instructions from Google: https://support.google.com/a/answer/167097#external.
- The group owner should have enabled external senders. Go to admin.google.com and find the group you want to edit. Then add a checkmark in the box for External > Publish Posts and click Save toward the bottom. Instructions: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/10376887 (see "Who can Post")
If you still cannot receive email to the group address, the incoming emails may be stuck in the moderation queue. Typically Google will send the group owner an email about messages held in the group's spam or moderation queue with links to allow or deny the message. However, you may also do the following if you do not find that email:
- Go to your Google "My Groups" page: https://groups.google.com/my-groups
- Click on the Gear icon to the right, in the row for the relevant group name.
- Click on the group name and then "Pending."
- Find the Encyro email that is held in this blocked list. Click it and then select the button for "allow all future posts from this author" (or similar) towards the top right.
- Release the email from the blocked list.