Where can I download the Encyro Outlook plugin? How to install Encyro for Outlook? Which version of Outlook can I use?
To install Encyro in Microsoft Outlook, download the installer, named setup.exe, from apps.encyro.com.
Your browser will usually show the downloaded file near the bottom of the browser window or save it to a Downloads folder.
Click the downloaded setup.exe file to run it.
(In some cases, especially outside the US, you may get a Windows warning like the one below. If you do, click "More Info" near the text description:
On the next screen click "Run Anyway". Windows will show that the software is verified by Encyro Inc. You will then get the installer dialog.)
- On the installer dialog, click "Install". If the above dialog window does not pop-up, it may have appeared behind some other open program window. A new window should have appeared in the Windows Task Bar near the bottom of the screen. Click that to bring the installation window to the front.
- The installation may take some time, typically a few seconds, but may be more sometimes. On the final screen, click "Close".
- Restart Outlook: If Outlook is already running, close it and restart. Else, start Outlook.
- To test if the Enycro Outlook-addin was installed correctly, click "New Email" in Outlook. Towards the top right, you should see a "Secure Send" button that looks like the one shown below.
If you do not see the "Secure Send" button, check if you see the "Paste" button. If not, then you need to click on the "Message" tab to reveal the top ribbon with the Secure Send button.
You will now see the "Secure Send" button near the top left. Optionally, click the pushpin like icon near the right to make sure the ribbon does not get minimized again:
To Send: You may compose a message and attach any files as you normally do in Outlook. The click "Send Secure" to send the email as a secure Encyro message. The first time you do this, you will be asked to login to Encyro (if an Encyro account is found with your sender email address) or to signup. If a sign-up is required you will simply be asked to enter a password in a form shown within Outlook (you need not go to the Encyro website to sign up). For details on how to send, see this article.
Which versions of Microsoft Outlook can I use with the Encyro Outlook Addin?
The following desktop versions of Outlook will work:
- Microsoft Outlook O365 (also known as Outlook Pro Plus), installed as part of an Office 365 subscription.
- Microsoft Outlook 2019
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
Older versions of Outlook may work but have not been tested by Encyro.