Both the Essential and Pro memberships let you send secure messages to any email address (recipients need not create Encyro accounts).
The key advantage of a Pro membership is that you get an upload web page that your clients can use to send you secure documents without setting up any new accounts. This makes it really easy for clients to send you files or messages securely, and helps reduce the use of email for privacy sensitive data.
You should use a Pro membership if you want to take advantage of:
- Compliance settings: Enforce stronger security safeguards such as automatic log-off if left unattended, dis-allow receiving your message without a password, and the use of strong passwords. You also get access to audit trails of account activity, as that is often required for compliance with HIPAA, FINRA, GLBA, GDPR and other standards.
- Branding: The Pro account lets you add your brand elements including a business logo, photo, and colors. These brand elements are visible to clients on your upload page, on the secure message page (if the client does not have an Encyro account), and on your folder in their logged-in view.
Organization (team) level controls: Pro users can add additional users to their account, such as employees or team-mates, to take advantage of:
- Consistent branding (e.g. business logo, colors) across all accounts
- Centralized compliance settings and account activity reviews
- Control over organization data when team members leave or join
- Delegated responsibilities (assign specific permissions to team members: e.g. make one member responsible for keeping your business logo and address up to date)
- Unified billing
- Control message expiry duration: Pro users can reduce or increase the default message expiry duration for secure messages sent to recipients who do not have an Encyro account. (Expiry cannot be disabled altogether to maintain data security and privacy for users without passwords.)
If not sure, start with a Pro membership, since the trial is free. You may later switch to an Essential membership and all your data and contacts will remain available in your Essential member account.
See a detailed comparison here: pricing.